Saturday, June 24, 2006

Mango Sale : Round 1 Report

As promised, here's my report on the Mango Sale.
I went to the Wisma Isetan and Taka outlets yesterday. It was the usual human crush, but the merchandise was relatively well arranged. Beware of the dust though. For some strange reason, Mango sales always get a little dusty.

I noticed that printed tees seem to be cheaper at this sale, with prices from $17 onwards.
Jeans and capris were quite a bargain, with prices hovering around $30+ to $40+.
There were also some nice suits and jackets slashed down by 30-40%.
I got myself two tops (photos coming soon).

Once again, I have to gripe about this phenomenon that happens at all Mango sales.
Why do some girls bring their boyfriends/husbands along?
In my opinion, the Mango sale is a very unconducive environment for males. The female human jam, the frantic searching through piles and racks of clothes, the long queues at the fitting rooms. Guys look so out of place in the store. And some of them look downright miserable as they shuffle behind their girlfriends helping them carry their handbags/shopping bags. It's almost as bad as bringing a man along to a lingerie sale.
Of course, the guys standing outside the Mango stores look pretty bored too, but at least they have fresh air and plenty of room.

No comments: